By Dr. Sarah Catherine K. Moore
This ebook lines the new socio-historical trajectory of academic language coverage in Arizona, the country with the main restrictive English-only implementation within the US. Chapters, each one representing a case learn of policy-making within the nation, include:
• an summary and history of the English-only flow, the genesis of established English Immersion (SEI), and present prestige of language coverage in Arizona;
• an in-depth evaluate of the Flores case offered by way of its lead lawyer;
• a glance at early Proposition 203 implementation within the context of broader academic ‘reform’ efforts;
• examples of the way early state-wide mandates impacted instructor expert development;
• a presentation of the way new university-level instructor practise curricula misaligns with commonly-held ideals approximately what academics of language minority scholars should still understand and understand;
• an exploration of principals’ matters approximately imposing top-down guidelines for SEI implementation;
• an research of what SEI coverage seems like in today’s school rooms and even if it constitutes equity;
• and at last, a dialogue of what some of the circumstances suggest for the schooling of English newcomers within the state.
Read or Download Language Policy Processes and Consequences: Arizona Case Studies (Bilingual Education & Bilingualism) PDF
Best education policy books
This e-book explores the principal’s function in assembly excessive expectancies for pupil success. It presents distinct suggestions and techniques to teach you what principals have to do to: check and advertise a tradition and weather for faculty development, construct groups and aid the paintings their paintings, create the stipulations in order that instructor leaders can emerge, and display screen tuition development efforts
This source examines how one of many nation's biggest districts more desirable functionality results and accomplished major earnings via integrating thoughts from academic and enterprise arenas.
Specialist academics is a compelling book that explores matters surrounding the concept that of the specialist instructor from a really foreign point of view. specialist instructing, a world phenomenon that exerts major impression on schooling coverage and perform, has constructed quickly because the Nineteen Eighties and considerably impacted many academics’ careers.
Institution selection has been imperative to American schooling coverage debate for a quarter-century. yet all through, tuition selection has been simply that—school selection. In a most likely profound improvement, schooling discount rates debts (ESAs) reimagine mother or father selection in ways in which may possibly upend many assumptions that experience framed problems with institution selection some time past.
- Closing the Education Achievement Gaps for African American Males (International Race and Education Series)
- Ethical Dilemmas in Public Policy: The Dynamics of Social Values in the East-West Context of Hong Kong (Governance and Citizenship in Asia)
- The End of Exceptionalism in American Education: The Changing Politics of School Reform
- Ethics Protocols and Research Ethics Committees
Extra resources for Language Policy Processes and Consequences: Arizona Case Studies (Bilingual Education & Bilingualism)
Language Policy Processes and Consequences: Arizona Case Studies (Bilingual Education & Bilingualism) by Dr. Sarah Catherine K. Moore