By Lucy Rogers
Most beginner astronomers – and plenty of of these with comparable pursuits yet who're now not presently practicing observers – have just a sketchy figuring out of house flight. This ebook offers an advent to its mechanics. the great thing about this publication, written by means of an engineer who's additionally an entire technological know-how author, is that it covers the topic comprehensively, and but is nearly fullyyt descriptive and non-mathematical. It offers with all facets of area flight, from find out how to depart the Earth (including the layout of the rocket, venture making plans, navigation and communication), to lifestyles in area and the consequences of weightlessness. The booklet additionally contains sections describing how an beginner can song satellites and comprehend their orbital parameters.
Read Online or Download It's ONLY Rocket Science: An Introduction in Plain English (Astronomers' Universe) PDF
Best astronomy books
The velocity of area exploration has lengthy been dictated by way of political motivations. This ebook is helping to give an explanation for why this can be so within the post-Cold battle period. Combining essays, a thesaurus of phrases, tables and information, this new name from Routledge comes as a great addition to this more and more well known subject.
In unusual New Worlds, well known astronomer Ray Jayawardhana brings information from front strains of the epic quest to discover planets--and alien life--beyond our sunlight method. purely some time past twenty years, after millennia of hypothesis, have astronomers all started to find planets round different stars--thousands in truth.
Those are the complaints of the Sant Cugat discussion board 2d Workshop on Cosmic-ray prompted Phenomenology in Stellar Environments, held April 16-19, 2012. the purpose of this Workshop used to be to deal with the present wisdom and demanding situations of high-energy emission from stellar environments in any respect scales and supply a accomplished evaluate of the kingdom of the sector from the observational to the theoretical views.
China’s such a lot refined process of computational astronomy was once created for a Mongol emperor who may neither learn nor write chinese language, to have a good time victory over China after 40 years of devastating warfare. This ebook explains how and why, and reconstructs the observatory and the technology that made it attainable.
- Visual Lunar and Planetary Astronomy (The Patrick Moore Practical Astronomy Series)
- Coronal Mass Ejections: 21 (Space Sciences Series of ISSI)
- Double & Multiple Stars, and How to Observe Them (Astronomers' Observing Guides)
- Determination of Atmospheric Parameters of B-, A-, F- and G-Type Stars: Lectures from the School of Spectroscopic Data Analyses (GeoPlanet: Earth and Planetary Sciences)
- La correspondance entre Henri Poincaré, les astronomes, et les géodésiens: Mecanique Celeste (Publications des Archives Henri Poincaré Publications of the Henri Poincaré Archives) (French Edition)
- Qu'est-ce que l'Univers ?: (Volume 4) (Université de tous les savoirs) (French Edition)
Additional info for It's ONLY Rocket Science: An Introduction in Plain English (Astronomers' Universe)
It's ONLY Rocket Science: An Introduction in Plain English (Astronomers' Universe) by Lucy Rogers