By Tsunenobu Kimoto,James A. Cooper
A complete advent and updated connection with SiC energy semiconductor units protecting themes from fabric houses to applications
Based on a few breakthroughs in SiC fabric technological know-how and fabrication know-how within the Eighties and Nineties, the 1st SiC Schottky barrier diodes (SBDs) have been published as advertisement items in 2001. The SiC SBD marketplace has grown considerably given that that point, and SBDs at the moment are utilized in a number of energy platforms, quite switch-mode strength provides and motor controls. SiC strength MOSFETs entered advertisement construction in 2011, delivering rugged, high-efficiency switches for high-frequency strength systems. during this wide-ranging e-book, the authors draw on their enormous adventure to give either an advent to SiC fabrics, units, and purposes and an in-depth reference for scientists and engineers operating during this fast-moving field. basics of Silicon Carbide Technology covers uncomplicated houses of SiC fabrics, processing know-how, thought and research of useful units, and an outline of crucial structures functions. Specifically integrated are:
- A whole dialogue of SiC fabric houses, bulk crystal progress, epitaxial progress, equipment fabrication know-how, and characterization techniques.
- Device physics and working equations for Schottky diodes, pin diodes, JBS/MPS diodes, JFETs, MOSFETs, BJTs, IGBTs, and thyristors.
- A survey of strength electronics functions, together with switch-mode strength provides, motor drives, energy converters for electrical autos, and converters for renewable power sources.
- Coverage of distinctive purposes, together with microwave units, high-temperature electronics, and rugged sensors.
- Fully illustrated all through, the textual content is written by way of famous specialists with over forty five years of mixed adventure in SiC study and development.
This booklet is meant for graduate scholars and researchers in crystal progress, fabric technology, and semiconductor machine know-how. The booklet can also be important for layout engineers, software engineers, and product managers in components reminiscent of strength offers, converter and inverter layout, electrical automobile know-how, high-temperature electronics, sensors, and clever grid technology.
Read or Download Fundamentals of Silicon Carbide Technology: Growth, Characterization, Devices and Applications PDF
Similar electronics books
This sensible advent explains precisely how electronic circuits are designed, from the fundamental circuit to the complicated procedure. It covers combinational good judgment circuits, which gather common sense signs, to sequential common sense circuits, which include time and reminiscence to growth via sequences of states. The primer additionally highlights electronic mathematics and the built-in circuits that enforce the good judgment features.
This publication discusses the effect of spectral good points extracted from body point, glottal closure areas, and pitch-synchronous research at the functionality of language id structures. as well as spectral positive aspects, the authors discover prosodic positive aspects akin to intonation, rhythm, and tension beneficial properties for discriminating the languages.
Deals a entire assessment of NAND flash thoughts, with insights into NAND background, expertise, demanding situations, evolutions, and views Describes new software disturb concerns, info retention, energy intake, and attainable recommendations for the demanding situations of 3D NAND flash reminiscence Written through an expert in NAND flash reminiscence know-how, with over 25 years’ adventure
Provides a specific and methodologically constant therapy of varied parts of fuzzy modeling and comprises the result of mathematical fuzzy good judgment and linguistics This booklet is the results of virtually thirty years of analysis on fuzzy modeling. It presents a distinct view of either the speculation and numerous kinds of purposes.
- Control Components Using Si, GaAs, and GaN Technologies (Artech House Mcrowave Library)
- The SparkFun Guide to Processing: Create Interactive Art with Code
- AC Power Conditioners: Design and Application
- Silicon Germanium Materials and Devices - A Market and Technology Overview to 2006
- Catching Up and Leapfrogging: The new latecomers in the integrated circuits industry (Routledge Studies in Global Competition)
- Microstructure Sensitive Design for Performance Optimization
Extra resources for Fundamentals of Silicon Carbide Technology: Growth, Characterization, Devices and Applications
Fundamentals of Silicon Carbide Technology: Growth, Characterization, Devices and Applications by Tsunenobu Kimoto,James A. Cooper