By Margit Misangyi Watts
This quantity addresses how we would support scholars locate the "why" in their academic endeavors. the information present in this quantity variety from:
- changing the perceptions and attitudes of entire groups towards education,
- retuning the 1st 12 months event to offer scholars extra possibilities to discover which means of their learning,
- suggesting new methods of integrating scholars’ studies with their studying in center classes, and
- connecting significant projects already in position to illustrate how we would restructure undergraduate schooling throughout the content material of the curriculum, the best way we train, and our curricular studying experiences.
This is the 145th quantity of this Jossey-Bass better schooling sequence. It deals a entire variety of rules and methods for bettering collage instructing in response to the adventure of pro teachers and the newest findings of academic and mental researchers.
Read Online or Download Finding the Why: Personalizing Learning in Higher Education: New Directions for Teaching and Learning, Number 145 (J-B TL Single Issue Teaching and Learning) PDF
Similar education policy books
This e-book explores the principal’s function in assembly excessive expectancies for scholar fulfillment. It offers unique guidance and techniques to teach you what principals have to do to: determine and advertise a tradition and weather for college development, construct groups and aid the paintings their paintings, create the stipulations in order that instructor leaders can emerge, and computer screen university development efforts
This source examines how one of many nation's greatest districts stronger functionality results and accomplished major profits via integrating ideas from academic and company arenas.
Professional academics is a compelling book that explores matters surrounding the idea that of the professional instructor from a really foreign standpoint. specialist educating, an international phenomenon that exerts major impression on schooling coverage and perform, has constructed speedily because the Eighties and considerably impacted many lecturers’ careers.
University selection has been primary to American schooling coverage debate for a quarter-century. yet all through, institution selection has been simply that—school selection. In a most likely profound improvement, schooling mark downs bills (ESAs) reimagine guardian selection in ways in which could upend many assumptions that experience framed problems with institution selection some time past.
- Align the Design: A Blueprint for School Improvement
- A History of Australian Schooling
- The Big Lies of School Reform: Finding Better Solutions for the Future of Public Education
- Higher Education in the High North: Academic Exchanges between Norway and Russia (Higher Education Dynamics)
- Key Questions in Education: Historical and Contemporary Perspectives
Extra info for Finding the Why: Personalizing Learning in Higher Education: New Directions for Teaching and Learning, Number 145 (J-B TL Single Issue Teaching and Learning)
Finding the Why: Personalizing Learning in Higher Education: New Directions for Teaching and Learning, Number 145 (J-B TL Single Issue Teaching and Learning) by Margit Misangyi Watts