By T. Kamusella
Read or Download Creating Languages in Central Europe During the Last Millennium PDF
Best linguistics books
Professor Howard Lasnik is without doubt one of the world's major theoretical linguists. He has produced influential and critical paintings in components equivalent to syntactic concept, logical shape, and learnability. This selection of essays attracts jointly a few of his most sensible paintings from his colossal contribution to linguistic thought.
In fresh linguistic concept, there was an explosion of precise reports of language edition. This quantity applies such contemporary analyses to the examine of kid language, constructing new techniques to alter and version in baby grammars and revealing either early wisdom in numerous components of grammar and a interval of prolonged improvement in others.
First released in 1994. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
Spelling Scots acts not just as a wide-ranging reference e-book to the altering orthography of Scots, but additionally as an overview of the lively interventions within the practices that experience guided Scots spelling. The ebook exhibits how canonical writers of poetry and fiction in Scots from 1700 to the current day have mixed conference and innovation in offering Scots in literary texts, and it explores the impact of key writers equivalent to Ramsay, Fergusson, Burns, Scott, Hogg and Stevenson.
- Language without Rights (Oxford Studies in Sociolinguistics)
- Language assessment: Testing bilinguals?
- Guía para padres y maestros de niños bilingües (Parents' and Teachers' Guides)
- Translation Theory in the Age of Louis XIV: The 1683 De Optimo Genere Interpretandi (on the Best Kind of Translating) of Pierre Daniel Huet (1630-1721)
- The Meaning of Space in Sign Language: Reference, Specificity and Structure in Catalan Sign Language Discourse (Sign Languages and Deaf Communities [SLDC])
- Grundzüge der Laryngaltheorie (German Edition)
Additional resources for Creating Languages in Central Europe During the Last Millennium
Creating Languages in Central Europe During the Last Millennium by T. Kamusella