By Ivor Timmis
Corpus Linguistics for ELT presents a pragmatic advisor to venture ELT-related corpus study. aimed toward researchers, complex undergraduate and postgraduate scholars of ELT and TESOL, and English language lecturers, this volume:
- covers corpus study by and large parts of language examine appropriate to ELT: grammar, lexis, ESP, spoken grammar and discourse;
- presents a evaluation of appropriate corpus examine in those parts, and discusses the consequences of this study for ELT;
- suggests strength ELT-focused corpus study tasks, and equips the reader with all of the required instruments and strategies to hold them out;
- deals with the transforming into zone of learner corpora and direct school room program of corpus material.
Corpus Linguistics for ELT empowers and evokes readers to hold out their very own ELT corpus study, and may let them in flip to make an important contribution to corpus-informed ELT pedagogy.
Read Online or Download Corpus Linguistics for ELT: Research and Practice (Routledge Corpus Linguistics Guides) PDF
Similar linguistics books
Professor Howard Lasnik is likely one of the world's top theoretical linguists. He has produced influential and demanding paintings in components comparable to syntactic thought, logical shape, and learnability. This choice of essays attracts jointly a few of his most sensible paintings from his significant contribution to linguistic thought.
In contemporary linguistic idea, there was an explosion of unique experiences of language edition. This quantity applies such fresh analyses to the examine of kid language, constructing new ways to alter and edition in baby grammars and revealing either early wisdom in numerous parts of grammar and a interval of prolonged improvement in others.
First released in 1994. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
Spelling Scots acts not just as a wide-ranging reference ebook to the altering orthography of Scots, but in addition as an overview of the energetic interventions within the practices that experience guided Scots spelling. The publication exhibits how canonical writers of poetry and fiction in Scots from 1700 to the current day have combined conference and innovation in proposing Scots in literary texts, and it explores the effect of key writers resembling Ramsay, Fergusson, Burns, Scott, Hogg and Stevenson.
- Aspects of (Post)Colonial Linguistics: Current Perspectives and New Approaches (Koloniale und Postkoloniale Linguistik / Colonial and Postcolonial Linguistics (KPL/CPL))
- An Introduction to Language and Linguistics
- Insights into Non-native Vocabulary Teaching and Learning (Second Language Acquisition)
- Early Language Development in Full-term and Premature infants
- Religion and the Continental Congress, 1774-1789: Contributions to Original Intent (Religion in America)
- Posthumanism and Deconstructing Arguments: Corpora and Digitally-driven Critical Analysis
Extra info for Corpus Linguistics for ELT: Research and Practice (Routledge Corpus Linguistics Guides)
Corpus Linguistics for ELT: Research and Practice (Routledge Corpus Linguistics Guides) by Ivor Timmis