By Thomas Ricento
- provides an available creation to the learn of language coverage study and language’s position in social life
- consists of newly commissioned essays written by means of across the world well-known scholars
- helps outline and describe a growing to be box of inquiry and is an authoritative resource for college kids, students and researchers in linguistics, utilized linguistics, schooling, coverage reports and comparable areas
- includes part overviews, annotated bankruptcy bibliographies, and dialogue questions
Read or Download An Introduction to Language Policy: Theory and Method (Language and Social Change) PDF
Similar linguistics books
Professor Howard Lasnik is among the world's prime theoretical linguists. He has produced influential and demanding paintings in parts akin to syntactic idea, logical shape, and learnability. This number of essays attracts jointly a few of his most sensible paintings from his titanic contribution to linguistic idea.
In fresh linguistic concept, there was an explosion of particular stories of language edition. This quantity applies such contemporary analyses to the research of kid language, constructing new ways to alter and edition in baby grammars and revealing either early wisdom in different parts of grammar and a interval of prolonged improvement in others.
First released in 1994. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
Spelling Scots acts not just as a wide-ranging reference booklet to the altering orthography of Scots, but additionally as an summary of the energetic interventions within the practices that experience guided Scots spelling. The e-book exhibits how canonical writers of poetry and fiction in Scots from 1700 to the current day have mixed conference and innovation in offering Scots in literary texts, and it explores the effect of key writers comparable to Ramsay, Fergusson, Burns, Scott, Hogg and Stevenson.
- Bilingual Education and Language Policy in the Global South (Routledge Critical Studies in Multilingualism)
- Language Processing in Social Context (North-Holland Linguistic Series: Linguistic Variations)
- Beliefs About SLA: New Research Approaches (Educational Linguistics)
- Computational Linguistics: An Introduction (Studies in Natural Language Processing)
Extra resources for An Introduction to Language Policy: Theory and Method (Language and Social Change)
An Introduction to Language Policy: Theory and Method (Language and Social Change) by Thomas Ricento