By J. L. Dillard
Read or Download A History of American English (Longman Linguistics Library) PDF
Best linguistics books
Professor Howard Lasnik is without doubt one of the world's prime theoretical linguists. He has produced influential and critical paintings in components resembling syntactic thought, logical shape, and learnability. This selection of essays attracts jointly a few of his top paintings from his great contribution to linguistic conception.
In fresh linguistic thought, there was an explosion of exact reports of language edition. This quantity applies such contemporary analyses to the learn of kid language, constructing new methods to alter and edition in baby grammars and revealing either early wisdom in different components of grammar and a interval of prolonged improvement in others.
First released in 1994. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
Spelling Scots acts not just as a wide-ranging reference publication to the altering orthography of Scots, but in addition as an overview of the energetic interventions within the practices that experience guided Scots spelling. The e-book exhibits how canonical writers of poetry and fiction in Scots from 1700 to the current day have combined conference and innovation in featuring Scots in literary texts, and it explores the impression of key writers comparable to Ramsay, Fergusson, Burns, Scott, Hogg and Stevenson.
- Symptomatologie, Ätiologie und Therapie des Stotterns im Kindesalter (German Edition)
- The Reflexive Teacher Educator in TESOL: Roots and Wings
- Handbook of Intercultural Communication (Handbooks of Applied Linguistics [HAL])
- The Social Life of the Japanese Language: Cultural Discourse and Situated Practice
- Robert Spaemann's Philosophy of the Human Person: Nature, Freedom, and the Critique of Modernity (Oxford Theology and Religion Monographs)
- Discursive Illusions in Public Discourse
Extra info for A History of American English (Longman Linguistics Library)
A History of American English (Longman Linguistics Library) by J. L. Dillard